Monday, June 27, 2016

Closure............ Sort Of...


A year.  I'm so sorry guys.  I'm really ashamed to have kept you hanging for a year, you're all amazing and supportive fans.  You didn't deserve that.  And I'm absolutely shocked to see that this page is still getting somewhere around 650 views a day... WHAT?!  So I'm glad this will reach a lot of you.

"What happened?" you might ask.  Well, a bunch of things.

To start with, I lost my day job.  It was sudden and brutal, and it caused me to drop everything and scramble for another.  Including that potential art career which it turns out wasn't such a great opportunity anyway so... eh.  But I spent 4 months or so bouncing from place to place until I found something.

A few weeks in, I was making some money again and I came back to my desk to start up Flash and do what I do.  Except, my graphics tablet no longer worked.  I did everything I know how to do to get it up and running but it just won't.  Even if I could get it up and running I doubt my computer could handle loading up Flash these days.  It's been on a steady downturn for about 2 years now and can barely handle a few tabs open in Chrome.  I'm hanging up this rig's jersey, it was a good 8 or so years.

So is that it?  Am I packing up my bags and calling it quits?  Ehhh... probably not.  I gotta tell you guys, I have SUCH a strong urge to get back to this.  I have ideas for sexy stories all the time.  My itch to start drawing again is insanely strong right now.  But there is a HUGE financial barrier to that.

I'm done animating at my desk.  It's uncomfortable, constricting, and terrible for my health.  I have plans to buy a new MS Surface Book which I can take anywhere and draw... that's a minimum of $2,500 right there.  On top of that, Flash might cost me around another $700.

I have a good part of that money saved up, but even if I had every cent I'm not about to totally empty out my savings.  This will take more time.

So is there more Doodle Nooch comics and animations coming in the future?  There's a good chance of that.  I just have no clue when.  But you're probably used to hearing that from me by now.

tl:dr    I piss and whine about life stuff as if I'm the only one that has it, give a bunch of weak excuses, my old computer can't into computing anymore and I need a new overpriced one made for gullible artfags like me, I claim to "plan to get back to work" sometime this millennium.... give or take a century.

31 comments:

  1. I'm glad to finally see that you have come back to tell us this, I hope to see you on this again even tho it will take some time, I could suggest you make a patreon to help with money toward the tablet and Flash. Glad to see that you are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a perpetually poor person... I've slowly become more open to the idea of starting a patreon.

      Delete
    2. Most of us who have stuck with you will be glad to support you in any way we can.

      Delete
    3. I feel the same way, I'm just glad to hear from him again, dealing with personal life always come first and I understand that. Setting a patreon or a tumblr for commissions sounds like a good idea.
      I'll wait another year if it's necessary to see him back financially stable and with enough free time to draw.

      Delete
    4. Do it fam, start a patreon, I'm sure there's more than enough people willing to support you!

      Delete
  2. Despite the fact you gave us radio silence for almost a year
    I'm still with ya
    You should start a gofund me. I would throw a few bucks your way to keep ya going in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my bad on that one. A go fund me might get me back in the game quicker. I don't like taking people's money like that but I'll consider it. Thanks again for sticking with me.

      Delete
  3. THE DEAD WALK THE EARTH
    Yo, good to see you're backish, for real
    You do you, life and career goals > porn

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

    I'm so glad to hear you're not dead, dude! I knew i would be rewarded for my patience. You, my friend, are a beacon of hope to all of us, and no matter how long it takes, we will always stand here waiting for you :)

    Wish you all the best, and by no means do we want you to stress over us. You're our golden child and we want only the best for you. Keep us updated and we'll support you all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HES BACK! LONG LIVE THE KING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy fuck you're still alive.

    Good to see you aren't dead, my dude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are back, I'm just happy to hear from you, I was worried something worse might have happened. Take your time dude just take it easy and try to pop in when you are able like you normally do. Checked this page at least 2 to 3 times a week just in case. Also, I know you seem to be a pretty prideful person. Good on you man. I know it's been rough as hell. But if you don't take my money I might kill a man, not really but maybe. Doesn't bother me at all. I and many others see it like this, We are doing this, because you have given us something to enjoy for a good deal of time, and as much as you might consider it a handout we see it as a way of showing you how much we appreciate that and care other than just slapping a little text in a box. Once again. Good to have you back and It'll get better dude. I work in oilfield and its slow as hell right now with tons of family drama However, my friends and I always help eachother in times of need and thats how i see this. Looking forward to hearing from you more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, we really really appreciate what you do, and constantly look forward to you progressing positively and successfully while doing what you enjoy.

      Delete
  8. The real question is will you ever finish Date Night?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as there are no issues transferring it to the new hardware and opening it up with the new software... yes. It'll be the first thing I start work on.

      Delete
    2. You really should set up a Patreon, gofundme, or any way to donate really.

      Anything that will get Date Night finished.

      Delete
  9. He said most likely but he can't since he needs to get a surface tablet pc and flash again so it will be awhile

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made a mistake and I'm sorry, please disregard both this and the message before this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see you are back. It's always good to see another writer from the chans still kicking.

    (Also, the way that you hint at risky sex is superb. keep playing with small details like that.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Doodle, i'm still having trouble viewing date night. I can't watch it through drop box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You download it from dropbox to your computer. Just FYI, it doesn't work for mobile platforms because they can't run Flash. But if you don't wanna download it, try here:
      http://eye.swfchan.com/flash.asp?id=171949&n=date_night+%28update+8%29.swf

      Delete
  13. Hey DoodleNooch you awesome bastard
    Don't scare us like that again, a year with no updates. We all feared he worst.
    I was going to mention this on another post earlier in the year but thought you had abandoned the project and thought better of it.
    However now you're back and as many have said, a kickstarter, patreon or commission system would work wonders for you. The people want their smut and you're the man to give it to them. You're not taking people's money you're getting paid for doing your job. So actually make it a job, get paid for it and put the time and effort it needs. As you said 600+ views daily. if even 100 of those horny fucks donated $10 a month to see you finish date night and start your next, thats $1000 a month to ease your bills and give you time to work.
    As an artist myself I get it, when the chips are down and "real life" starts knocking at the door with debts owed and your gear falls to shit it gets tough. but in the mean time hand drawn is fine by us, get a wireless mouse for $10 and download an illegal copy of flash or photoshop till you get the money to get a legit version. do whatever it takes to continue doing what you have passion for. We just want to see more of your work and ideas. we are here to support if you need it

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay, back from the dead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. amazing news ive been looking back at this blog since the dissapearance thank christ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good to have you back, boss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what the fuck? you don't have to buy flash dude! just torrent it! its free! also just be sure to NOT lose the .fla file of date night. make a newgrounds account (if you dont have one yet) and use the dumping grounds to save that holy file once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until this point I've been using Flash CS3 that I got in a less than legitimate way, I'm trying to go legit now. Even if I did wanna go that route, the Wacom Companion runs on Windows 10 which can only run Adobe Animate, nothing prior. Which means I have to give in to buying from Adobe's CC, $20 a month. As a principle I object to renting programs, but at least this means we can shave off the 7 or $800 price tag for CS6 and I can get back to work sooner.

      As far as the Fla file goes, push comes to shove I'll start a new file and call it part 2. The thing is massive at this point anyway.

      Delete
    2. Maybe get back to Win 7, dude.

      Delete
  18. i just discover you man. it bugs me to found you to late....kinda. i hope good things for you and i'll be patient for your comeback.

    see you later. cheers up!

    RagingShaman

    ReplyDelete
  19. HEY MAN OPEN A PATREON OR SOMETHING BUT PLEASE DO NOT DISAPEAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete